Do you often wonder if your area rugs are in need of cleaning? You are certainly not alone!
It is one of the most frequently asked questions to rug manufacturers and carpet cleaners. They have one answer – you should clean your rugs at least once every year, but it depends on certain factors.
Now, the Question Becomes – What if They do not Look Dirty? Should I Still Get Them Cleaned?
Even if they do not look dirty, you still need to clean them at a minimum of once a year. It should not be too much work at all when you consider the health and hygiene actions you take to keep your home healthy and clean for your family and friends.
When we talk about cleaning your area rugs, we mean more than the recommended weekly vacuuming. Vacuuming only removes the dirt and debris from the surface of the rug. Routine deep cleaning will require the services of experts, who will use the latest technology and equipment to clean your rugs. In between professional cleanings, you can do your part at home with some DIY techniques to clean your rugs, including using the TruRinse Spotter Bottle.
It is important to be careful not to use harsh chemicals or equipment that can damage rugs irreparably. Often this happens when you do not know the materials or the type of fiber your rug is made of, and how to treat specific fibers. Cleaning a rug is not a one way works for all rugs approach, so it is important to work with a carpet cleaner that knows how to treat your specific rug.
So, Why is Regular Deep Cleaning for Rugs so Important?
There are Several Reasons for Professional Cleaning aside from Removing Visible Dirt and Dust.
- It helps increase the life of your rug. If it is not maintained or cleaned, the brightness and quality will decline.
- Rugs tend to trap harmful airborne pollutants and allergens that need to be removed so that your home is truly clean.
- Stains and spots are quite common on carpets and rugs. No matter how much you try to avoid them, there will be stains and spots. Cleaning up immediately after spills or accidents is imperative to keeping area rugs spot-free.
- If the rug remains soiled, allergens, dirt, and will build up over time. We all know how difficult allergens can be and how it can affect the health and wellness of those living in your home. Various health problems and cleaning your carpets and rugs on a regular basis can help keep your family healthy.
- A well-maintained rug certainly enhances the look and feel of your home.
- Many times people get rid of rugs or replace them rather than get them cleaned. There are many options to keep your rugs that you have invested in clean and feeling great without damaging them.
How to Know Your Rug Needs Cleaning?
If your rugs don’t have any obvious stains that call for deep cleaning, and you’re still wondering if it is time to clean your area rugs, here are a few tests you can conduct to help you decide:
- The Rub Test – It is simple: Rub your palm on the area rug for a few seconds. Then, check your palm – if it is dirty, your rug needs professional cleaning.
- The Smell Test – Yes, you need to smell it. If you are already too scared to even try smelling it, call the professionals right away. Otherwise, if you get a foul odor, you should have it cleaned as soon as possible.
- Dust Test – For this, you need to lift a corner of the rug and vigorously shake it several times. If you see a cloud of dust, then the rug needs immediate cleaning. At this stage, it has collected plenty of dirt.
- The Fold – This is another easy test. You will have the rug facing up as you fold a corner of the rug away from the pile. The objective is to expose the base of the rug fibers. If you can see dust present deep within, it is cleaning time.
- The Color – If you know your rug is supposed to be white or cream, and it looks more like a dull grey color, or it has lost its brightness, it’s time to get your rug cleaned.
As a rule of thumb, you should get your rugs cleaned once a year… However, if your rugs get a lot of use, you should consider having them professionally cleaned every 3 to 6 months.
TruRinse has experience with all types of rug fibers along with any kind of rug including oriental rugs, area rugs, and outdoor rugs. We promise to treat your rugs with respect and get them truly clean using the TruRinse Approach. It’s easy to add your rugs to your existing carpet cleaning or upholstery cleaning appointment, or you can also drop them off at our office in Orem, Utah. Either way works for us, and we are happy to walk you through any questions or concerns you have about getting your rugs cleaned.
If your rug has failed any or all of the tests above, it is far past time to get your area rug professionally cleaned. Call TruRinse Today to discuss your cleaning needs and set up an appointment. Or visit our Website to learn more about our services.
Why Our Customers Choose TruRinse to Clean Their Carpets & Rugs
“We love TruRinse! Our family has apartments and we always choose them to clean in-between tenants. They do excellent work for a great price; and are always kind, professional, and easy to work with. We had them come today to clean one bedroom and an area rug, and Matt was kind enough to stretch the carpet for us so that it would wear better. He even cleaned some extra small rugs for us and gave us some spot cleaner free of charge. TruRinse goes the extra mile and our carpets look great!” Alicia Roberts